yearly vaccinations

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
mbl1346

My Buddy of 15 years

Postby mbl1346 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Well, it has been a while since I posted anything about Buddy but I am heart broken and sorry to say on November the 4th he had to be euthanized. He would have been 15 years old on the 20th of this month. He was having severe episodes of vertigo, my Wife, Vet and I agreed it was his time. I held him close to my heart when given the injection and felt his life leaving him I lost it at this point. To this day and forever how many more days will I feel such quilt for having to do this that I have not been able to accept this. To all those who have gone through this I would be very interested in reading posts for any comforting comments. Dog's, Cat's and all domesticated animals look up to us Humans for their care with unconditional love that he owned me in life and still owes me in death! Buddy, I will miss you and cannot have another dog because I cannot go through this again. I have u at home were you belong in a cedar chest having you cremated to hold once again close to my heart anytime I need comfort.

mbl1346

Re: yearly vaccinations

Postby mbl1346 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:36 am

Hello, it has been 6 years since I posted anything about Buddy. On November 4th of this year my Wife, Vet and I had to make a heartbreaking decision to euthanize our beloved, my best friend of almost 15 years since he would have turned 15 on the 20th of this month. I am devastated and held him close to my heart when the shot was administered and could feel his live leaving him, it brought me to my knees! We all know and understand the unconditional love and trust they give us and to go through this to this day is unbearable. The quilt that I now carry is overwhelming to think Buddy had no idea what was about to happen. Yes, he lived a wonderful life and had a second chance at life was by our sides all the time and we could see over the years he was getting older, his sight was poor, had a hard time eating and then lately had severe episodes of vertigo. The up side was having him for another 6 years after the IMHA reaction and at that time our Vet brought him back from near death but this time there was no hope that he could live any longer. I have such a hole in my heart that I am not sure at this time that any other dog will fill it only time will tell maybe I will heal and maybe I won't. To all those who have lost their beloved Maltese our prayers go out to all of you in the hopes that someday we all will get the strength to take care of another Maltese. Buddy owned us in life and still owns us in death. This is and was Buddy's story of life and may he be with us always and is in a better place. Rest in Peace my BFF and I will miss you with all of my heart. Buddy is home were he belongs in a small cedar chest with a gold lock, I will never ever forget him and will take him with me when I pass.

Mickeydog

Re: yearly vaccinations

Postby Mickeydog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 am

One of my maltese gets a shot now and then, as recommended by the vet. However, he is very conservative in doling them out. This maltese's sister had a severe reaction to her shots when she was a year or so old. She ended up having a form of meningitis and nearly died. The vet recommended any shots she gets would have to be spread out. He thinks her reaction was because of too many shots and she was sensitive to it. He now recommends titers.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”