Allergies? Changing Food? Please help!!!

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
Mrskelly1113

Allergies? Changing Food? Please help!!!

Postby Mrskelly1113 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 am

My Maltese is 4 years old and he has been aggressively biting himself and itching a lot. I took him to the vet again and he gave him an antibiotic and the same pills for itching. The pills make him so sleepy. He is on the tiniest dose. But I'd like to think there is a better way. I have always fed him cheap grocery store dog food because it's what the breeder had him on. But I'm thinking that changing his food might help. The vet said it wouldn't. But I really don't want my little guy to have to stay on pills his whole life. Please help if you have been in this situation and found a remedy. I am willing to try anything. Also what kind of food do you feed your dog? And what is the process if I do switch him over. Thanks!!!!!

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”