The Best Dog Food for a Maltese

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
Sophie the Maltese

The Best Dog Food for a Maltese

Postby Sophie the Maltese » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum but I am praying you guys can help me. Can someone recommend a good quality dry dog food that works for their Maltese?

We have tried blue buffalo and holistic select and they do not seem to be working for our five year old Maltese. Please help :(

mommy2andy

Re: The Best Dog Food for a Maltese

Postby mommy2andy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Our little Andy is 6 years old and we use Nature Variety frozen raw medallions and supplement with the dry food, Acana chicken and sweet potatoes small bites. The food you feed should especially be free of wheat and corn..I would suggest trying other foods slowly into the diet and find one that your baby likes.

DanielEmily

Postby DanielEmily » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:53 am

hello community,
this is my first reply. the best food are chicken soup, mutton , fish, egg , soya bean and brown bread with milk.

thanks

merryblueeyes

Postby merryblueeyes » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 am

One part cooked and shredded poultry (easiest to use a food processor), one part cottage cheese, one part cooked brown rice to one part peas.

indiana42631

Postby indiana42631 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:21 am

We have used Nutro dog food for our puppy since the day we brought her home. She is 9 months old and has done well since day one. Nutro uses natural ingredients. It is a little more expensive than your basic dog foods.. but I feel it is really worth it. I wish you luck getting something that works for you and your four legged family member.

ccranford

Postby ccranford » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 am

My 13 week old puppy loves Bil-Jack Puppy food! Seems to be recommended by my vet.

jodrop22

Postby jodrop22 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:55 am

My 12 year old brothers are picky but have always like Solid Gold Wee Bits for their dry food. And i have usually mixed it with a cooked protein, i.e, chicken breast, hamburger, small peices of tender steak, or salmon. For desert/snacks they love raw baby carrots! The Wee Bits is a really small dry food pellet and contains Bison, Brown rice, & pearled barley, peas, and salmon (main ingredients).

patsyfeiner

Postby patsyfeiner » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:19 am

When it comes to dry food Nutro Ultra & Blue Buffalo is the best for an active or working Maltese dog.

Mailes mommy

Postby Mailes mommy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:18 am

I've asked multiple vets and they all say whatever works. Everything works. I feed my baby Wellness brand but she will actually eat anything, including paper.

Honchkrow

Postby Honchkrow » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:09 am

As far as I can tell, no kibbles for maltese.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”