8 weeks maltese, low blood sugar

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
terryann54321

8 weeks maltese, low blood sugar

Postby terryann54321 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello, I have a baby girl who I picked up Monday April 14th 2014...she was born 2/21/2014....when I first got her home she acted like a normal puppy...ate and drank well and played around....but that night....she went down hill...took her to the vet Tuesday morning and he kept her that afternoon, let me bring her home for the night and then kept her again Wednesday afternoon....he told me then that she is hypoglycemic and recovery was going to be slow....so here we are a week later....she is still needing me to feed and water her via droppers and syringes, but I am having trouble with her taking the solids....each day she seems to get a little better...but she is still just laying around...she will get up to go to the training pads...but when does goes and lays right back down....Has anyone experienced this...and how long should it take for her to snap outta of this....shes an absolute doll baby and I just hate seeing her like this....thanks in advance for any and all suggestions :D

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”