Can't train my baby!

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
Lin1lon

Can't train my baby!

Postby Lin1lon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Rupert stopped being toilet trained
by Lin1lon » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:39 am

Hi! I need some advice.. I adopted Rupert in July 2013, he was 15 months old, not house trained, wore a belly band. He lived with six other dogs and was the smallest not neutered male. He was bullied by a larger older male dog. I tooted him and he lifted he leg and peed on everything. He was neutered that month. He has always been skiddish around people, but warmed up to me and became my buddy. I trained him to use (you go do) instead of pads it took awhile but he did great. Then he got a hernia, fixed it and continue to be trained well. In January he hurt himself back and hind legs. Steroids and pain killers not control of urine peed everywhere, it was expected, 2 weeks later back to himself. In mid march he hurt himself again. Now he won't retrained... He had X-rays , blood , urine analysis, could not find a cause. Now back to normal activity. I have tried everything short of spending tons of money on more test. Any advice?
Lin1lon

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”