Upcoming Puppy Owner

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
Adino

Upcoming Puppy Owner

Postby Adino » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello, I just signed up. I'm 15, and I've lived around dogs all my life and have researched dogs for at least 3 years. I'm looking to get a puppy sometime this year. I've never owned a Maltese, my father has owned German shepards, Bull Mastif and Boxers, so he has no skill with the Maltese breed either. I plan to buy my puppies crate and supplis beforehand. And I plan to buy my puppy from either a good shelter or from a breeder. Here are my circumstances-

I'm young, but I'm mature and responsible for my age, the puppies needs will be split between I, and my mother.

I live in a town house and share my bedroom with my sister, I plan to place the puppies crate in our bedroom.

I have enough time to walk the puppy, and train him. The only time I will not be home, my mother will feed him and take him on his potty breaks for a span of 6 hours while I'm at school. I plan for him to nap twice in between those 6 hours.

I plan to keep his coat short, I will trim him myself. I don't plan on paying a groomer regularly.

If you have any advice for me, shoot away! :D

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”