Cozzy has passed away. 15 years old

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
Annlynn

Cozzy has passed away. 15 years old

Postby Annlynn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:07 am

My Cozzy went to heaven on Friday night. He was 15 years old, my best friend and even took care of me when I'd have seizures. I am so overwhelmed with grief. Some may say that it's a horrible thing to grieve the loss of your pet more than the humans in your life but the fact is that losing Cozzy has devastated me more than the loss of ANY human in my life. I miss him. I thought I was somewhat prepared for his death as he was getting to be a little old man but I was wrong. Everyone is trying to tell me that I had to see this coming and that he lived a long and happy life and I should be glad he didn't suffer. And I am thankful for those things but my God I miss him. I knew that coming back to this forum I could tell you all of Cozzy's death and describe how heartbroken I am and you would all understand and that gives me comfort.

Wolfie Boy

Re: Cozzy has passed away. 15 years old

Postby Wolfie Boy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 pm

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Even though I have not been through it myself, I have to beautiful boys who are getting on in years and cannot imagine what my life would be like without them. Cozy was your best friend and your baby and it is completely normal for you to grieve and miss him. Try to hold on to all the wonderful memories you have of him.

My thoughts are prayers are with you.

maltese4me

Postby maltese4me » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your precious Cozzy. I do understand your grief as I also lost a special little boy. The grief never really goes away, we just learn to live with it. It becomes a part of us & life is never the same again.

codysmommy

Postby codysmommy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:12 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. And I understand your grieving him. I was told today I needed to put my Cody to sleep after him having his third stroke. I just couldn't and I am already grieving. He is only 7 years old and I can't imagine him not being here.
I wish you a very gentle healing...I really do. Bless you!

doglover

Postby doglover » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:09 pm

So sorry to hear about your Cozzy. I felt exactly the same way when I lost my 15.5 year old Maltese to lymphoma 4.5 years ago. He was my best friend and companion, and he was a brave trouper until the very last moment. After a month of comfort care at home, we had to take him to the vet to be put to sleep because he was showing signs of discomfort...it was time to let him go. I was devastated and literally felt like my heart was broken...I broke down crying and had a hollowness in my heart everytime I thought about him being sick and passing away in my arms. The pain never truly goes away, but it does get better. With time, you will eventually be able to focus on the majority of his life that he lived in health and happiness.

ScooterT1

Postby ScooterT1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:30 pm

So sorry about your Cozzy. My Sophie is only a year younger than Cozzy and I fear this almost daily. Every time she looks different or does something different, I get anxious. I know she will probably not be with me for too many more years, but I try to think of all the love we had together and know I took the best care of her as I possibly could. I just try to keep her as comfortable as I can. There is a poem on this site called Rainbow Bridge and I think of it frequently and hope the little poodle I had before Sophie is there and waiting for me. I truly believe they have their place just as we do. No, you will never forget your baby but the pain will lighten up. My plan is to get another one when Sophie is no longer with me. I don't think I could go without a Malt in my life. And they are so very much alike in their looks and behaviors I think. But no new puppy will take your Cozzy's place. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope the load lightens up soon.

Cupidsmommy

Postby Cupidsmommy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:14 pm

My heart breaks for you!!! There simply is no way to make things better but to remember to be grateful for the time you had with them. I agree, I cry more at my pet loss than any human loss -- they just weasel their way into your hearts and never let go. My prayers for peace are with you, friend!

ScooterT1

Postby ScooterT1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:34 am

So very sorry about your Cozzy!! Sophie is also 15 and I dread that horrible day. She has multiple physical concerns but that doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts are with you and thanks to this website we can all express our concerns as well as the loss of our babies and know that others will understand. Hope you feel better soon.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”