My Cody is Gone

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
codysmommy

My Cody is Gone

Postby codysmommy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:37 am

Cody passed Jan 28th. My heart aches for him because he truly was my best friend. However, he no longer is in pain and I will carry him in my heart forever.

Suzanne19489

Re: My Cody is Gone

Postby Suzanne19489 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:52 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.We just lost our 11 year old Murphy Wed Feb 4th 2015. It is so hard,we miss him so much.Sharing your grief
Susie F

Suzanne19489

Postby Suzanne19489 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 pm

After I read your post I saw the one on Addison you wrote earlier. May I ask if you little guy had symptoms of pacing,walking into walls,having to go urinate a lot,listless just fell asleep in my arms when i held him,could not drink or eat just stood over the water bowl and acted like what do I do?We had our dog Murphy to vet 4 or 5 times for UTI in Dec, cleared up he acted fine then Jan 2 he had like a stoke symptoms and at vet looked better but when home slept all the time or paced in circles acted strange tail was down? Feb 1 he ate good then later he panted really bad and Mon morning he was walking into walls again ect? We waited till Wed the 4th of Feb to take back to vet and she said she never had seen anything like it to try prednisone and heart meds for a heat murmur that he did not have a week prior? But if he had brain damage it would not get better--we decided to let him go as the medication helped a week or so and the cycle began again.Now I wonder if maybe he had something like you talked about. I am going to look up Addison disease now. Sorry if I am making things more painful for you,but I know what you are going through,I cry when I see his things or when I see a dog on TV or fix a food he loved,chicken!Murphy was 11 years old Jan 28,2015. We spoiled him and loved him so much.This is so hard.Again I am so sorry for your loss.
Susie Fountain

codysmommy

Postby codysmommy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:23 am

Suzanne,
Sorry so late on replying and sorry for your loss of Murphy. Yes, those symptoms you describe sounds as Codys were. At 1st they thought he had a stroke but after he would get a shot of prednizone the next day he would be better. He would go blind during the episodes but his eye sight would even come back the next day after getting a shot. Yes, he too got to where the symptoms were so regular and the last episode he had, I knew it was his last. He wasn't going to survive it, we had no choice but to let him sleep. I agree, it is so hard. I miss him so very much. Also yes, he would walk in circles and into walls. He was very sick and was only 7 years old. Again, I am so sorry to hear about Murphy. Him and Cody sound like they shared the same illness.

Suzanne19489

Postby Suzanne19489 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Codysmommy,
Just saw your repy our computer crashed few weeks back just got new one going.Does sound like your Cody had same as Murphy but was younger? We have purchased a 5 mt old male in March from show breeder who thought he was to small at 2.5lbs He is fine now up to 4.5lbs.He is smart to; began obedience training yesterday because he is barking a lot with his buddies in back yard at fence they yap at each other all the time ;neighbor has 3 dogs--and he likes to bite pinch us!Still can never replace murphy he was my little man but we are attached to Auggie now they are alike in ways but total different personality--Murphy was uppity snobbish Auggie wiggle and loves everyone

vivianna

Postby vivianna » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:09 pm

My Ceasar is gone. He was 11 yrs old. He had Cushing's. He was being controlled with Veterol for many years. He had all the symptoms of a brain tumor . Blindness , seizures , circling , falling over .He would stand at his water bowl and not know what to do .He was bumping into everything . It broke my heart . I had to put him to sleep. I held him and told him how much I loved him. It has only been three weeks. I am inconsolable still . I have his litter mate Camelot who I love also very much. He is a whole different personally. His brother protected him and ruled the nest. He was a very lovable dog. He loved everyone and wanted to be picked up to give kisses all the time. Sometimes I admit it was a nuisance when someone didn't want to be bothered. He was like my right arm. Always on my lap. Followed me everywhere These dogs were never separated . Maybe that wasn't a good thing. Now the one left behind is not eating well and is sleeping more than ever before. He is so sad. It's breaking my heart. These fur babies were everything to me . I miss ceasar so bad . Anytime I see two of anything it reminds me of him . I dressed them alike .I start crying. I know it takes time to adjust. Many friends are telling me to just get another one for the one left behind. It is not that easy right now. I am not sure how the one left behind would take to it. Has anyone been in a situation where they had littermates and how they handled it when one passes away. I am new here so I don't know if the subject of a litter mate passing has been discussed .

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”