Shivers at times

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
ScooterT1

Shivers at times

Postby ScooterT1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello Everyone -- I am so happy to be back at the Maltese Forum. It has been a long long time since I have visited everyone. Was so busy working and now I can happily say I am retired and loving it. Returning to the Forum was one of my big things to do on my "bucket list". LOL. As an update, I have a little Malt named Sophia who is getting up in age. She was thirteen on the 11th of this month. I have been blessed with a rather healthy Malt. Not problem free, but overall, doing well. With her age she is having a few ailments and I really feel the forum could help me a lot. I guess the most serious present problem is a collapsed trachea. We are handling it but I know she can have intensified problems as she gets older.Being a Malt Mom for thirteen years has taught me a lot also about having one of these precious babies. So --- good to be back and my first post concerns a condition Sophia has had for about two months now. At times (not frequent) she will start shivering as if she is cold. Last for a short time and all seems well. Her vet has no real knowledge as to what is causing this. She is in the house, of course, all day and this does not happen only when she is out for her potty break in the colder temperatures. Can happen when it is a really warm day outside or if she is in the house. Just a bit concerned and was wondering if anyone had a baby that did this. White Shaker Dog syndrome has been ruled out by her vet. Has anyone had this happen to their Malt.

Cupidsmommy

Re: Shivers at times

Postby Cupidsmommy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 am

I have heard that Maltese have a tendency to get cold - and for that reason I put a little tee on my Cupid and it helps out tremendously. I think he likes the security-feeling of it too. My vet told me that sometimes dogs shake when they are in pain - so I hope that is not the issue with yours. I have an old poodle that shook like crazy when she needed dental work and as soon as that was done - she was fine. They also shake when nervous or unsure of a situation.

ScooterT1

Postby ScooterT1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks so much for the info. I read your post and took Sophie to her vet. He seems to think that it is related to discomfort related top her arthritis. She is now on medication for that and seems to be doing much better. Again, thanks for the info.

Cupidsmommy

Postby Cupidsmommy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:42 am

Great! I hope that is the issue do you know how to treat. I hate not knowing for sure!

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”