New behavior

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
ScooterT1

New behavior

Postby ScooterT1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 pm

I was unsure for a while, but I am now sure Sophie is grinding her teeth!! She does it only a short time and not frequently, but never heard of that! Does anybody have a Malt that does this? Sure hope it isn't a physical problem!

Mummy_2_Maximus

Re: New behavior

Postby Mummy_2_Maximus » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 pm

My little one does this too but it seems to be on days which we had a ton of fun or he crated for longer than 4 hours. Seems to me like stress or extreme exhaustion triggers his. Mine also has mixed dentition with his 4 deciduous canine teeth being retained on top of his 4 permanent ones having surfaced.

ScooterT1

Re: New behavior

Postby ScooterT1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 am

Could be due to fun since we play a lot on these rainy days. She is not crated so I ruled that out. The most probable situation is when I leave her for long periods of time alone --- like over four or five hours. I will watch for that in the future to see if that could be the cause. Thanks a bunch!

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”