new person to the forum

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
sharon nunn

new person to the forum

Postby sharon nunn » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 am

Hi

I am Sharon from Townsville in North Queensland, Australia. I have just signed up to this forum because I have a 12 year old Maltese named Angel (no she is not one however). I love her dearly and love to talk about her. Any one interested, please contact. I have lots of other animals as well, but this is the forum for Maltese.

sharon

JFShea

Re: new person to the forum

Postby JFShea » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Welcome aboard Sharon. If you like Maltese talk, you've come to the right place!

sharon nunn

Postby sharon nunn » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome. The girl is getting old and going blind and deaf but over all she is going good. Not bad for a rescued dog.

sharon nunn

Postby sharon nunn » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 am

can any one tell me please, how long should a Maltese live. My old girl is now 12 and I think she is loosing it a little. She is mostly deaf and about half blind. But I think her mind is failing a little. She sits in my bed room, facing the wall and barks until I come in and touch her and then sort of snaps out of it and becomes the darling that I adore.

TNuvie

Postby TNuvie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Sharon, hugs on your situation with a beloved and aging dog. I know little about Maltese per se, but have had some aging dogs in my time. I think your girl gets in the bedroom, without you, and gets lost. With her eyes and ears going dim on her, she may be left with scent and floor vibrations. IF you are in a room with her or very nearby, she could locate your direction and get to you. Without you that close, she is in a terrible confusing maze perhaps. I don't think there is a solution, except loving patience. And crating her when you are going to outside the house for any length of time without her.

TNuvie

sharon nunn

Postby sharon nunn » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:28 pm

thanks for the info.....Angel is my first Maltese so I don't know a lot about the breed. She was a rescue about 11 years ago from a potential puppy mill and I am not sure how old exactly that she is. She could be older. She has the most gentle nature and she just adores me as I do her. Sadly, they do not live for ever.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”