May need help finding a home for my three boys

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
JFShea

May need help finding a home for my three boys

Postby JFShea » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:03 am

Hello,

I am in a situation which requires some help and guidance. I have three Maltese - 11, 11 and 9.5 years (all brothers, of course different litters) - which I love very much. I am in a situation (in which it would take too much space to put in detail) in which I may have to find them a good home. I have been offered a position in a foreign country which I can't refuse. If I didn't take the position I would lose them anyways ...

My new position will pay to bring the dogs on commercial air flights. They are too big (plus there are three of them) so they will have to fly in the cargo section rather than the hold. However, this trip involves at least four legs, including one of ten hours, over a period of almost two days. In short, this understandably raises concerns for me.

I have to make the painful decision of chancing bringing them down with me, or giving them up. To give them up, I would need to find a good stable home, with people that know and love Maltese, in the Rhode Island area and with whom I feel confident that they will provide a good, loving home for the boys. They have spent their whole lives together, they cannot be separated. I don't consider general Maltese placement or emergency adoption programs an option, as I need to know to whom and to where they are going and that they will always stay together.

I haven't made my mind up yet (it may be made up for me if I can't find an appropriate home for them) but I will need to within the next month or so. Any guidance, suggestions, etc. would be much appreciated. Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: May need help finding a home for my three boys

Postby admin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Try posting an ad at: http://malteseonly.com/classifieds/
Good luck

JFShea

Re: May need help finding a home for my three boys

Postby JFShea » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Thank you, I will look into that.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”