spaying

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
brn2tch45

spaying

Postby brn2tch45 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 am

Hello, my name is Beth and I had a maltese named Toby for 11 years. He was an amazing dog and we lost him this last March. I am getting a little girl on july 26th of this year, she will be five months when I get her. I have NEVER had a girl dog and I need some advice on some issues that I have never dealt with. Is it healthiest for a maltese to get spayed early? If so, what age? How will I know it's time and what's the specifics for making sure I am caring for her with this situation the best I can. Also, when does a maltese usually have her first cycle/heat? How or what do I get to make sure I take care of her during that time as well. I live in Saudi Arabia and so I usually bring my supplies from the states when I come in the summer so this summer I will want to come back prepared but having never had a little girl dog before, not sure what I need to bring. It has been 11 years since I had a baby maltese so any help, any advice, any thoughts are so greatly appreciated.

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”