Lumps on rib cage

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
darrendog

Lumps on rib cage

Postby darrendog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:48 pm

So, on top of all the other health issues my Demetri has, recently I found two bumps under his skin. He's never had anything like this and at first I thought I was just feeling the chip he has. We will be taking him to the vet before the new year, but has anyone else had this issue with their doggie? They are not hard lumps, they are softer. Is this an emergency or? Similar stories are welcomed please!! I'm also into alternative medicine, I'm studying to be a healer for both humans and animals, so both western and alternative approaches are welcomed!

Mickeydog

Re: Lumps on rib cage

Postby Mickeydog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:40 am

By now you hopefully have a reply. I would think it would be an emergency if the dog was acting differently, not eating, not drinking, listless, etc. If acting normally, I would call vet, explain situation and see when you would be able to get in. If it was soft, hopefully they were only cysts. Hope all is okay!

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”