My Olivia is eating worms!

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.
amber3

Re: My Olivia is eating worms!

Postby amber3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 pm

My Lacee does the same thing lately.. eat and roll in worms. I think it might have to do with the maltese heritage from the mediterranean island of malta. My theory is that the "Ye Ancient Dogge of Malta," has a liking towards worms because their ancestors ate mostly fowl (birds) and fish, which is what is found on the island. Maybe the earthworms are a link in the food chain to what they hunted. IDK. Maybe, they ate worms in times of hardship. LOL I mean the thought of maltese hunting is a funny thought and even funnier to imagine a pack of white fuzzies taking anything down..haha. Although Lacee is not crazy about fish, she likes chicken pretty good but goes completely CRAZY over wild game deer. You would think she would go crazy over what she evolved a taste for.

webfoot_wa

Re: My Olivia is eating worms!

Postby webfoot_wa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:36 am

Our Beurre does the same thing..tries to eat the worm or will just roll in it..we live in the NW where worms are plentiful , everything I've read or heard on this subject seems to indicate it's fine.......

Return to “Discussion of Maltese Dogs”