Cream colored ears?

malteseforum.com is a way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any Maltese dog topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights and experience. Sponsored by the largest and most active Maltese dog website in the world. Professionally moderated.

Cream colored ears?

Postby snoopy18 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:52 pm

I have a 3 month old Maltese and his ears are creamed colored. I just wanted to make sure that this is normal. And also I wanted to know if his cream will turn into pure white as he grows older.

His whole body is white except for his ears, which are cream
snoopy18

Re: Cream colored ears?

Postby Malta2Boys » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:30 am

It is very normal and only shows a good sign - that his pigment is good.
Most cases, it turn white as they grow but sometimes not completely white. Anyway, there is nothing to worry about!!!
My older maltese used to have cream ears but now (almost 2 years old) he is all white......
Malta2Boys

Postby sweetk1ssses » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:32 am

my puppy was like that. It is very normal and acceptable. It may get lighter as the pup gets older like mine or it may not, you will have to wait and see.
If you want more info on this subject, just type it in the search engine. There are loads of threads about this topic.
sweetk1ssses

Postby martha » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:42 am

Dear snoopy:
Yep... nothing wrong with cream colored ears. My maltese has cream colored ears and the breeder told me the same thing as one of your other posts.... that is, when they have cream ears, it means there pigment will be darker.... and that certainly is true on mine. Actually, the cream is begining to grow out.... and I liked the cream ears. She is one year old.

So enjoy your little puppy.... i know she is beautiful.
martha
martha

Postby snoopy18 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:51 am

thank you for all your replies! I was first attracted to my maltese because I thought his ears made him look so cute! But then when I took him out, a lot of people were asking me what kind of dog he is, and when I told him that he was a Maltese, people thought it was weird because Maltese were supposed to be pure white.

That's why I was kind of worried.

But I love him very very much and honestly I hope his ears will say cream colored forever because it makes him look so beautiful
snoopy18

Postby martha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Dear Snoopy18:

People who qustion whether your dog is a Maltese just because his ears are cream, just don't know. so, don't let that bother you. I bought my dog from a top breeder, her dogs are picutred in the Maltese Magazine, and I was told by her the creamier the ears are, the blacker points the dog will have because they have more pigment. as i said my dogs ears are getting a little whiter now that she's older, but I liked the cream in them..... take care. enjoy your little Maltese. Martha
martha

Postby ilovelexie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:44 pm

my puppy is 3/4 maltese (1/4 yorkie) and was almost all cream and apricot when we got her. Now she is almost completely white.
ilovelexie

Postby martha » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:59 pm

she sounds so cute. Martha
martha

Postby maltilover93 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:22 pm

My puppy is a year old but we got her at 3 months and she had a lot of cream colored hairs her ears and on top of her head, but she's completely grown them out. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it's just her puppy hair (fur). It'll grow out!!!
maltilover93

Postby RydersMommie92 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:43 pm

My puppy has cream colored ears, he also has this funny spot on his side that is cream...

i love it, because i will always be able to tell he is mine with his little spot. =]
RydersMommie92

Return to Discussion of Maltese Dogs